- IP Link 100 reduces price point for Intraplex® "always on" reliability.
- Innovations deliver high-end features and benefits traditionally found in more expensive solutions.
- Compact solution represents first launch in a new Intraplex product range.
MELBOURNE, FL/DENVER, April 3, 2012 — The 2012 NAB Show marks a new era for Harris Corporation's (NYSE:HRS) Intraplex® family of studio-to-transmitter link (STL) solutions for radio broadcasters as the company introduces the IP Link 100, the first in a new range of low-cost, high-performance audio codecs that help customers deliver program audio affordably and reliably. Harris will debut the IP Link 100 at NAB (April 16-19, Las Vegas convention Center, Booth N2502).
The IP Link 100 is a compact solution for reliable program audio transport between two or more points, whether in an STL configuration, from studio-to-studio, or from a remote broadcast location to a studio for sports and live events. The IP Link 100 brings "always on" Intraplex technology to a very affordable price level, and incorporates distinct high-end features that cost extra on competing devices — or do not exist at all.
"The reliability of sending program audio over IP networks continues to increase, giving broadcasters reasons to migrate beyond lower prices," said Harris Morris, president, Harris Broadcast Communications. "The IP Link 100 translates the reliable professional-grade quality of top-shelf Intraplex IP solutions to a condensed design that gives our customers a lower price, along with confidence that their program audio will dependably arrive at its destination."
Harris brings several innovations to the IP Link 100:
- Dynamic Stream Splicing, a redundant delivery platform that merges two audio streams over the same or separate networks — ensuring seamless, intact delivery of program audio.
- Multicoding, an industry first that enables simultaneous delivery of audio in two different formats — including uncompressed audio for premium quality, and compressed audio formats for lower-bandwidth backup links.
- Automatic Backup to a plug-in USB drive or a local audio source in the event of IP connectivity loss.
The IP Link 100 begins shipping in September, with related product introductions on the horizon.
In broadcast communications, Harris offers products, systems and services that provide interoperable workflow solutions for broadcast, cable, satellite and out-of-home networks. The Harris ONE™ solution brings together highly integrated and cost-effective products that enable advanced media workflows for emerging content delivery business models.