CHICAGO - September 8, 2009 - NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading stand-alone provider of commercial LCD displays and projectors, announced today the NP110 and NP215 digital projectors to NEC's NP Value Series. These two products provide essential features required for meeting and conference rooms, without straining budgets.
The NP110 and NP215 are mobile projectors that tout unrivaled affordability. With brightness up to 2500 lumens and high contrast images from the latest Texas Instruments DLP® engine, these units provide a number of features at an affordable price. The NP Value Series includes a powerful 7-watt speaker, built-in closed captioning and ECO Mode™ technology, which provides a variety of green uses such as extending lamp life up to 5000 hours and lowering power consumption (0.49W in standby mode). Their compact size and lightweight design simplify any necessary transportation, which is further enhanced by their quick start (3-4 seconds) and shutdown technology, allowing immediate use and power off functionality without the need for a cooling period.
“The NP Value Series brings together the essential features that business users need and the green technologies that have become standard in recent years,” said Rich McPherson, Product Manager for projectors at NEC Display Solutions. “The NP110 and NP215 are affordable projectors that don't cut out the technologies that our customers need. They provide connectivity, important features and the power to project beautiful, strong images.”
A partial list of features of the NP Value Series includes:
- Native resolution of 800x600 SVGA for NP110 and 1024 x 768 XGA for NP215
- Contrast ratio of 2000:1
- Up to 2500 lumens
- Power consumption of 242W (217W in ECO Mode)
- Up to 5000 hours of lamp life (in ECO Mode)
- Low power consumption (0.49W in standby mode), which minimizes energy costs
- Comprehensive input panel, which connects with computer, composite video, S-Video and component video using 15-pin adapter
- Integrated RJ45 connection, which enables quick and easy LAN connection (NP215 only)
- BrilliantColor™ technology, which increases system brightness and color saturation while optimizing color gain across the full color gamut
- Built-in wall color correction presets, which provide for adaptive color tone correction to display properly on non-white surfaces
- Filter-free design, which eliminates the need to monitor and change filters
- Carbon savings meter calculates the positive effects of operating the projector in ECO Mode, which is encouraged by an optional message at startup
- Green ECO Mode button on the remote control makes the switch between settings easy
The new NP Portable Series will begin shipping in October 2009 with an estimated street price of $459 for NP110 and $599 for NP215. The projectors ship with a standard two-year parts and labor warranty. The lamp is covered for 1 year or 500 hours, whichever comes first.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD displays, professional-grade, large-screen LCD and plasma displays, a diverse line of projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, professional, education, medical and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America monitors, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the Web site at www.necdisplay.com.